Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 In Review

While in the shower this morning at 3:30 am, I was thinking about what kind of "year in review" post I should do. I toyed with the idea of listing all the completed knitted items, but frankly, that sounded like alot of tedious and boring research since there are easily a hundred things I've knit in the last year (maybe a couple hundreds, who knows). So instead I'm just gonna make it up. You may ask "how is that different from every other thing you post?" And to that I say "STFU!"

It's been quite the crazy year. This time last year I had just graduated with my Bachelor's degree (God! that seems like such a long time ago!) and it seems as if I was hardly knitting (as compared to now). But I am glad to say that my goal of getting knit designs published this year has been accomplished and I'm proud of myself for it. It may come as a surprise, but I'm still surprised and grateful when someone wants to knit one of my patterns.

I've grown so much spiritually in the last year and learned a lot about myself, which I wish I could go into here, but this certainly is not the place for that. I feel like I've grown in patience, understanding, a sense of community, and so many ohter ways that I can't think to list.

I really do appreciate the friends I've made through blogging. In fact, on Thursday when I was feeling lowest, I was weepy because I didn't have internet access and I felt disconnected from my friends.

My body has changed a LOT in the last year, and I'm learning to love it more everyday. Even when it's broken.

There has also been much sadness, but as I reflect on the whole year, the sadness is beginning to fade a little. Thank you all for your support as well. You'll never know how much it means to me. I promise that knitting will return as well as pictures (I don't have the programs to download and crop and manipulate my photos when I'm not at work). I'll show you my wonderful Christmas presents and I'm mulling over a new site design.

And as Sandy noted, the pattern links aren't working. I am aware. I've removed my files from silentism, and I haven't yet found a new web server and a new site, so until I do, you can e-mail me if you need one of the patterns and I'll do my best to get it to you.

I'll post tomorrow with my goals, hopefully a picture.

M