Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Knitting Content! Woot!

Finally some knitting content! I've finished the pair of socks I've been working on.

Pattern: My own, with a k3p2 rib for the cuff and worked down the instep to the toe for a snug fit on the foot. I used a reinforced flap heel, and my favorite heel turn, and nicely rounded wedge toe.
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in Navy Blue (75% Superwash Wool, 25% nylon).
Needles: @ sets of Clover Bamboo 7" US Size 1 dpns. I worked both socks at once on 2 sets of neeldes. Like Cassie says, it makes sock knitting a race between the two socks. My favorite way to work them so far. It also means I don't have to write down my pattern, just repeat it on the second sock as I go.
Gauge: Not precisely sure... I didn't measure it after the ribbing, but I know I was getting about 11.5 rpi. probably somewhere between 8 and 9 spi.
Verdict: They're good, and I think Dennis will like them. Plus I got paid, so I can't complain. :) As for the yarn, it's a bit stiff, but not any stiffer than other 75/25 Wool/Nylon blends. I get the feeling it will soften quite a bit when washed though.

So... my new toy that I was supposed to post about yesterday is THIS!

Woot! I was at my parents house for dinner and talking about how I have all these ideas for projects (a book among them), but I can't make do with the digital camera I've got now. And they dissappeared into a back room and then came out holding a wrapped present! Merry Christmas to C and me! It's a Fujifilm FinePix S3100. 6x optical zoom, and 4.0 Megapixels! *dances* I'm having fun learning how to use it and it's got alot of nifty features. Pictures may be not very good until I get the hang of it though.

I need a camera case or camera bag though... anybody got any recommendations? I was thinking of making a bag myself with a nice zipper around the top and all that... but if I can get something cheaply that will work really well, I'd go with that. I also need a larger memory card. This thing even takes VIDEO! So maybe I'll have some kind of demonstration videos soon. Maybe for the beading technique used for Icarus.

M