Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Razor Shell Sock Pattern Available for Free



The pattern stitch on this Top-Down sock's cuff is called a Razor Shell. It lends itself very well to variegated sock yarns, and I designed it to make variegated socks a bit more interesting. Even when the sock yarn pooled, I still liked how it turned out.




The foot is worked in stockinette stitch with a flap and short row heel. The heel is my favorite (I'm not sure what it's called, but it makes a nice little cup for your heel to sit in without any bulk under it like a band heel would give. The stockinette stitch foot makes it very comfortable in low top shoes, while still being cute on the ankle. The toe is a rounded wedge toe. I find it fits VERY comfortably on my foot.


If you've got any questions, ask in the comments or e-mail me please at mlbrilliant AT yahoo DOT com. I'd LOVE comments on it or if there's something that should be clarified, I'd love to hear about it. And as always, I'd love to see your finished Razor Shell socks if you decide to knit them.

*edit* I forgot to tell you in case you didn't want to click through. The pink/yellow one is knit in KnitPicks Sock Garden Star Gazer Lilly Colorway, and the green/yellow/purple/blue is KnitPicks Sock Landscape in the Spring Prarie Colorway.

M