Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Part I

So many people have been doing this, and today I feel I need format, but I don't have enough umph of my own to come UP with a format, so this is what you get.

The Good: I am reading Harry Potter. I can official say I am HOOKED! I finished Book 4 and I'm itching to start Book 5 today at lunch.

The Good, Installment the Second: I have finished the rather boring, but paying job of 3 pairs of black wool gloves, so my knitting will now be interesting AND blogable!

The Good, Installment the Third: Socks. My one true love.


This pair is for my Mom. She picked out the Mountain Colors, Winter Sky colorway. She saw me knitting them yesterday and said "What a beautiful color! I love it!" And I said "You SHOULD! You picked it out and they're for you." We laughed about it quite a bit. Hi Mom!

The Bad: I am working on a new design, and I decided I wanted to make a small change from when I bought the yarn. Not too drastic, but I need to find myself a skein (even about 50-75 yards would do the trick) of Dale Baby Ull in Color 5545. Does anyone have any of that? It's just sort of an accent color for the socks I'm working on. I could probably order a skein, but I need less than 75 yards and paying shipping and full price for 75 yards seems a bit ridiculous really.

The Ugly: You see what that sock is reclining on? A Dissertation for a Chemistry PhD student. God help me! Part of my job is to review all theses and dissertations for format and gramatical errors. This is the least-loved part of my job. Especially when students skip corrections that were originally given and get mad at me because it won't be turned in on time. At the end of every semester I get a flood of papers on my desk. People who decide at the last minute that they can just finish this semester, even though the end is only 3 weeks away and they still have to go through (at least) 2 rounds of corrections and approvals and make all their copies and drop them off to be bound before they can graduate. *sigh*

P.S. The Good, Installment the Fourth: I bought jeans. I haven't had a pair of jeans since my hips spread and I didn't fit into any of my old ones... so I bought girlie pants. They're stretchy jeans and they're SOO comfortable! Plus they hug my curves, which I'm just starting to love, so I feel HOT! :) Maybe if you're lucky I'll taka a picture of my ass for you ;)

M