Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

FO's and travel plans.

It's been a weekend of socks, finished books and packing. I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow morning for Philadelphia to stay with my friend Miriam (we're nametwins). I'm really excited! ehehehehe! I'll have a 3 hour layover in Cleveland too, so I should have plenty of knitting time. I'm working on some commissioned gloves in a black Falkland Wool and I'm about to start a cobweb weight version of Mountain Peaks in some BEAUTIFUL wool from Andie and Renaissance Dying. Should be plenty of knitting for the plane. Plus I'm going to start HP3 as well.

I did finish the Eleanora Socks and the next post will be the pattern-for-sale post. Here's a pic and the specs:


Yarn less than 100 grams of Opal sock yarn (75% Superwash wool/25% polyamide) in color 1997-13.
Pattern My own, link in the sidebar.
Needles: US Size 1 (2.25mm) and US Size 0 (2.00mm) double points (sets of 5).
Gauge: 17 sts and 25 rows per 2 square inches in stockinette on US 1's and 19 sts per 2" on US 0's.
Verdict I LOVE them! The way I worked out the toe shaping makes them super comfortable! Isela liked the fit too :) I'm very pleased with them and hope you all will be as well.


I also finished the Koigu socks (which I was not allowing myself to work on until I finished the Eleanora socks).



Yarn Koigu KPPPM gifted by Margene, I think it may be colorway P711.
Pattern Yarrow Rib sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.
Needles: US Size 1.5 (2.5mm) Crystal Palace Bamboo Dpns.
Gauge: 8 spi.
Modifications: I made them a little shorter because they just fit better on my leg that way. I also made the heel flap a bit shorter since it was risking being too long.
Verdict Another home run! I chose this pattern because I wanted to try out a german heel (the heel with garter stitch bands at the sides) and I was not disappointed! I was a little apprehensive about the french toe (the reason why seen here), but it's really quite comfortable! And how could you go wrong with Koigu? Squooshy goodness.


Well, I may be MIA for the duration of my trip. I expect I will be checking e-mail, but I don't know if I'll have time to blog. If not, see you all on Tuesday, April 4th!

M