Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hello again!

So... here I am. And I have uploaded the pictures too. So here goes with the post... I don't have a lot of time to write it, since I have to start work soon. Let's go in chronological order, shall we? Click on the links for the pictures... I don't have time to insert them all (ok... all except one)

The flight in was pretty good. I went from SLC to Cleveland airport, where I had a 3 hour layover that turned into a 4 hour layover because our flight crew was delayed. But there were 3 birds in the Terminal! It was a little shocking when they swooped by my head and started pecking at the crumbs under the airport seats! I got into Philly just fine and Miriam and Molly picked me up.

The friend I went to visit is also named Miriam, so lets get that out of the way so there's no confusion. Miriam lives in Bryn Athyn Pennsylvania where she teaches at the ANC.

The next day Miriam took me on a tour of Glencairn. So awesome! I took this picture of the Great Hall, and it's shakey because we were sitting over a hole in the roof, looking down a hell of a long way at the great hall! Just so you know, I'm sort of scared of heights. I also took this one, which doesn't do the detail justice. All those very cool borders and the stars and the whole roof is done in mosaics! BEAUTIFUL mosaics! You just can't even know how beautiful it was! We also went up to the tower of Glencairn, where I took these three pictures. I also got this shot of Bryn Athyn Cathedral (make sure you check out their website, it's very cool!).

We also walked through Pennypack Park, where I knitted and the trees looked pretty.

The next day we went into the city to go to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The city looks awesome from the steps of the PMA! This is Miriam in front of the PMA. And I knit at the PMA.


We spent the next few days chilling and resting our VERY tired feet. I got to soak up the beauty of the place. How can you resist sunsets like this! Oh! And there was this awesome Shaker swift in an exhibit at the museum! I had to take a picture.

The next day I met up with Naomi and we walked ALL OVER the city center! I bought yarn and tea and looked at fabric and crazy people. I got told I had a nice ass by a guy riding by on his bike. We got bagels at this amazing bakery! I have to show you a picture of this bagel! It was absolutely amazing! I just need to move to Philly and I'll never have to tell them to give me more cream cheese again!

On Sunday I got to go to a wedding at the cathedral! It was really pretty! We also went to a town called New Hope that had really awesome artsy shops. It was a lot of fun! I have made new friends and I hope sometime to go back and visit again, maybe with C this time... I think he'd like it.

The flight back was crazy! I flew from Philadelphia to Houston where I only had 50 minutes scheduled to get to my next flight, but then my flight was late coming INTO Houston and I had to run across the Houston airport because my flight came in at Concourse C when my flight left from Concourse A. So I ran down the escalators to the inter-terminal tram, and rode that around until it dropped me off at Concourse A, then realized after some running around like crazy that I had to go through security AGAIN! Luckily they pushed me to the front of the line and I just barely made my flight.

I totally wore Ekho out with petting him and C is glad to have me back :) Regular blogging will (hopefully) resume tomorrow.

M