Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Yay! Feet!

Entries are rolling in! I love this so much!

So far we've got Kassie's feet, Michelle's feet I *love* her tattoo! And check out Holly's contribution at Woolly Mutts! All her animal friends got in on the action!

Now some of you may be asking "Is Mim Knitting? What happened to the Frenzy?" Well... yes. I have been knitting... but I made the mistake of knitting a shawl for the 4th time. Take my word for it, 4 times is WAY more than one should ever knit an item, except perhaps something that comes in pairs like a sock.


I'm working on Adamas #4 (the pattern should be getting proofed at KnitPicks right now and it should come to me for final proofing soon). This one is for my nametwin friend who is flying me out to visit her in the spring. She won't let me pay for my ticket, so I'm making the shawl in exchange for the ticket. Since I've done it 3 times already I'm really bored with it. But it's almost done, just one more repeat and the 12 row edging. I need the needles to work on my next shawl design, so I'd better hurry up.

As other bloggers have mentioned, we've now got snow on the tops of the mountains here in Utah. So the score stands at Winter = 1, Me = 1. Sadly, I think winter will win. I did can some more stuff yesterday though.


It's corn relish. It's got corn, bell peppers (green and red), onions (red and white), celery, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, allspice and mustard seeds. It smelled really good - albeit vinegarry - while I was making it, so I think it will be good. Not sure what to do with it yet.


This weekend... plums. I have TONS of these plums picked from my sister's tree. They're small, but that makes them easier to pit with a cherry pitter. Some will be plum jam, some will be canned in a light syrup for baking in midwinter. Oh yes! I was *this* close to staying home today just to can.

M