Seraphim is done! I'm so happy with it! Here's the specs, then I'll talk about the design.
Pattern: My own, soon to be available for purchase. It's being test knit right now.
Yarn: Any fingering weight yarn, but mine was knit with an annonymous wool/acrylic blend that I bought a huge cone of. It was originally gray and overdyed with Berry Blue Koolaid to get this VERY interesting Aqua color.
Needles: US Size 5 Addi Turbo 24" circulars... my very favorite needles :)
Gauge: 5 or 5.5 spi.. depending on where you measure... it's a bit tricksome.
Verdict: LOVE IT! If I had someone to give a shawl to, I would knit it again, but not any time soon.
So here's my design thought process:
I had finished Icarus and wanted to do another shawl...
Me: Jeez! All these shawls I've been making are so thin and airy! So insubstantial!
Me2: You should be knitting a sweater! That would be substantial.
Me: Yeah, but that would require shaping and math. Bah to math.
Me2: Knit some socks then.
Me: No.... I've GOT IT! Another shawl!
Me2: *rolls eyes*
Me: But this one will be in a heavier yarn, and have a more substantial upper to keep the torso warm on cold wintery nights in drafty houses.
Me2: Um... sure. You do that then....
So there you go. The edging is lovely. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I hope to have it for you soon.
You can see more photos in my flickr album, with some commentary if you're interested.