Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Friday, January 27, 2006

Bunny Suicides


I just can't NOT laugh when I look at this picture. This is the one Christmas present I didn't blog about. C gave me "The Book of Bunny Suicides" (which this one is from) and the sequal "Return of the Bunny Suicides". With a tagline like "Watership down for the deeply sick. Very imaginative, very funny, very worrying if you're the author's mother" how could you go wrong?

I carry them around in my bag and when I feel crappy, I pull them out and giggle. I have a morbid sense of humor.

Make sure you take the time to read though Chrissy's post about Copyright and Fair Use. She also makes good points about why pdf patterns SHOULD be more expensive than paper patterns. It's something we've been discussing in depth on the KnitDesign yahoo list. If you are so talented, why not make a button for this cause so we can start a blog campaign similar to the Bandwidth Theft campaign.

Have a lovely weekend. Mine will be filled with a lot of chores hopefully including steam cleaning my carpets and doing some laundry. I also need to make some more books, so look for those next week.

M