Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

Tagged again

... this time by both Tracey and Teri. If you wanna skip the meme scroll down to the normal(ish) updates.

4 Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
Babysitter
Photo lab processor/cashier/janitor
Library Cataloging Assistant
Graduate Admissions Secretary/Webmaster

4 movies you could watch over and over
Pride and Prejudice
Equilibrium
Office Space
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

4 Places You Have Lived:
Layton, Utah
Granada Hills, California
Roosevelt, Utah
Logan, Utah

4 TV Shows You Love To Watch: (don't have TV so not alot)
Lost (we download the episodes and watch them on the computer)

4 Places You Have Been On Vacation:
San Diego, California
Morgantown, West Virginia
San Francisco, California
Orange County, California
(all California locales were to visit family)

4 Websites You Visit Daily:
Bloglines (and the blogs associated with it)
Yahoo
Google
Wikipedia

4 Of Your Favorite Foods:
Tea
Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips
Oranges
Buttery Microwave Popcorn

4 Places You Would Rather Be Right Now:
At home
San Diego with my Grandma
Ireland
Borders sipping tea and knitting in a comfy chair

4 Bloggers You Are Tagging:
I don't like to tag people, so if you want it, gank it.
__________________________________________________


Hey! Thanks for all the wonderful comments yesterday. I think I've responded to all of them. You guys never fail to make me feel loved. It's amazing that so much concern and love can flow through the words of strangers.

I've been knitting, but I'll just show you when I'm done. Should be today or tomorrow, so probably I'll post Monday about it. For now since I'm so backed up with bloggable news, this will be a longish post (as if it isn't already!).

As you may have read over at Norma's that we worked out a trade. She got a book and I got yarn! Note: The images seem to look grainy on my monitor until I click on them and then they're crystal clear. Is this happening to anyone else?

Lorna's Lace's Shepard Sock (I think) in the color "Gold Hill". All I have to say is Mmmmmmmmmm Some of the colors are pretty bright for my taste, but I'm withholding judgement until I knit it up. I feel pretty certain that it will mellow down then.

I also traded Isela this...

(the mini version of Icarus that I sent to IK) for this...

A skein of Brown Opal sock yarn and a small spindle. YAY! I've been wanting to try some more spinning, but all I had was a 7oz behemoth of a spindle. Too damn heavy to do anything worthwhile with. So this morning I spun. It seems to be averaging a sock weight yarn. Right now my spinning goal is to spin 4 oz of 2 ply lace weight so that I can knit a shawl with my handspun. Looks like I've got a ways to go before that's possible, but goals are good, right?

And like Isela, I've been challenged to get my license (finally!) so I've been driving a little bit. On Thursday C took me up Logan Canyon. I drove on SNOWY ROADS people! CURVY snowy roads! When we got to a really bad part and it started snowing harder, I pulled over and let C drive back home, but while we were stopped I was taking a pic of the snowy mountains and we spotted this doe! On the drive back we saw 5 deer cross in front of us too. I love Utah!

M