Mountain Peaks Shawl Available
I designed this shawl to evoke the feeling of the beloved Wasatch and Rocky Mountain Ranges. This shawl echoes my deep and abiding love for the mountains that surround my high desert home. From the many foothills to the craggy peaks all throughout the year. From rocky ridges to sleeping snow-capped titans.
Yarn Requirements: 600 yards (about 65 grams) of lace weight wool. Sample was knit using KnitPicks Shadow (100% Merino Wool) in 'Sunset'.
Suggested Needles: 3.75 (US 5) 24" circulars.
Gauge: 5 sts per inch in stockinette when blocked.
Finished Size: 68" across the top from point to point, 24" from neck to bottom.
Techniques Used: This pattern uses the following techniques:
knit, purl, k2tog, k3tog, k tbl, yo, double yo, placement and slipping of markers, p2tog, p2tog tbl, p3tog, sl, ssk, psso, and wrap and turn short rows (explaination included in the pattern).
- This pattern includes full color charts, an example of which can be seen here. It also includes a detailed section on construction of a top-down shawl.
- This pattern is 6 pages long with 3 pages of charts. The charts can be printed on standard sized paper, but are meant to be printed on legal sized paper for best viewing. If you have trouble getting them printed, please e-mail me for help.
- This pattern is a downloadable .pdf file. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open it. You can download Acrobat here for free.
- This pattern may only be purchased through PayPal. If you do not have a paypal account, you can open one by clicking that link.
- Once your paypal payment has gone through, you will be e-mailed a link to download the pdf file. BE AWARE THAT THIS LINK EXPIRES after a time. You CAN request additional downloads if you miss this window of time. Also be aware that if you pay with an e-check, you will not receive the download link until your payment has cleared, which may take up to 7 days.
- With this pattern (and with all of my patterns) I offer full technical support. I will do anything at all possible to help you figure out the best way to download and use this pattern and knit this shawl.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to e-mail me.
The cost for this patten is $6.50 USD. You may purchase it by clicking the Buy Now Button below.
pdf file updated 6/30/2006