Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Finished socks x 2

So I've had a couple of FO's that I just hadn't gotten around to sharing with you yet, so here they are.


Yarn: KnitPicks discontinued Sock Garden yarn in the Zinnia color, a blend of Red, Orange and Yellow (and damned near impossible to photograph properly).
Pattern: My own, a basic stockinette sock with a 3x3 ribbed cuff, a reinforced "heel stitch" heel flap, modified round heel, and a rounded wedge toe. Both knit at the same time on 2 sets of needles.
Needles: US Size 1 (2.25 mm) Clover 7" bamboo dpns.
Gauge: 9 spi and about 11-12 rpi.
Verdict: Honestly, they were a bitch to knit. Not that the yarn was bad, or anything like that... but I highly dislike orange and yellow and while everyone told me they were RED socks, they still look like ORANGE socks to me. But they're not for me, so it doesn't really matter. These were the socks Imbrium recalled me cursing at Estes. When we piled in Michaele's car to head out on Friday morning, they were only ribbing, and by the time we got home Sunday evening I only had the toes to work.




Yarn: Dale Baby Ull in Navy (left over from the colorwork in the Blessing Socks.
Pattern: My own, a basic stockinette sock with a 2x2 short ribbed cuff, modified round heel, and a rounded wedge toe. Both knit at the same time on 2 sets of needles.
Needles: US Size 1.5 (2.5 mm) Crystal Palace 6" bamboo dpns.
Gauge: 8.5 spi and about 10 rpi.
Verdict: Quick, easy, and they fit the kidlet perfectly. I knit them for my nephew for his 2nd birthday. Sorry for the crap picture, it's hard to take a picture of a 2 year old's feet.


So there you go. This makes 11 pairs of socks for me so far in 2006. Crazy! Hopefully I can get the revised version of Mountain Peaks out soon, so people *coughErincough* can stop bugging me ;)