Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Friday, June 02, 2006

K is for....

... Kung Fu Movies, or more generally all martial arts movies.



C and I LOVE martial arts movies! The really good ones like Fist of Legend, to comedies like Kung Fu Hustle and classics like Shichinin no samurai and Enter the Dragon to action movies with a modern twist (and better plots!) like Kill Bill.

We love all of those action movies and I have a special place in my heart for surreal kung fu movies that are more like Chinese fairy tales than normal action movies. Movies like Hero and House of Flying Daggers. I also have a secret love of everything Jet Li does. He has such an amazing grace!

A more recent find (and well worth renting) is Ong-Bak, which portrays Muay Thai, a fighting style I'd never seen before. It was AMAZING! Now go forth and watch some kung fu movies!

_______________________________


Check out Peg's finished Eleanora socks! She had a bit of trouble at the end with the toes, but no harm no foul, right?

M

p.s. for my birfday I bought the aforementioned yarn and I also got some NEW BRAS! YAY! Turns out the recent change in number of curves on my body changed my bra size a bit, so I got refitted and found some good ones that are MUCH more comfortable!