Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Monday, August 15, 2005

Welcome to this crazy thing called Life.

My sister gave birth to a very cute little baby boy on Friday evening. His name is Tanis Austin Larsen. I wish I had a pic, but I forgot my camera! He's cute, and fuzzy... let us not forget fuzzy. There is quite alot of familial controversy over his name. Everyone but C and I and his mom and dad are freaking out that they named him Tanis*. I, personally, love it. And he won't be named the same as all the other kids in school, which is a plus. So welcome to the spinning ball of Earth and welcome to all the craziness, kiddo. Hope you do well!

In knitting news, I am CRUISING on Adamas III. And my friend finally received Adamas II, so I should be getting a pic of her in it soon. I would post a picture of it, but it looks like a purpley blue blob. Very unbecoming.

I also had a visit from dogs for about a half hour on Saturday. Kassie and I were headed back from the market when we saw a puppy run out into the road. We avoided hitting him and drove on, but about 30 feet away we decided we'd better go back and get him out of the street. We found that there was a mother dog and the little puppy both out in the street. One nearly got hit before we got them. We walked around the neighborhood asking if anyone knew who's dogs they were, but no one did. So we took them home. I got to play with them for about 30 minutes until Animal Control opened and came to pick them up. Here are some pictures, because they were adorable Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.





How could I let a face like that get run over??!! I'm going to call Animal control today and find out if they were claimed.

M


*Tanis is one of the main characters in the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman.