Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Half Nekkid Thursday, Now with Full-color Pictures!

Well hello! Sorry I've been out of it lately. I've decided to blame it on new hormone levels (which seems to be a logical explaination, judging by when I feel the way I feel and my Ortho Evra cycle). Today is Half Nekkid Thursday, as you may have noticed in my sidebar, so since it's my first entry, I thought I'd post my favorite part of my body! :)


And since the sun decided to show it's face I finally have photographic proof of the stuff I've been talking about.


This is the first of Andrew's socks and the start of the mate. The heel isn't quite that shallow of an angle, it just folds over on itself a little bit. I'm still undecided about an afterhtought heel.... It certainly makes the stripes look lovely, but I still think I prefer my heel flap and turn method. I didn't like the yarn that much at first, but it's growing on me. Good thing since I have another sock to knit, eh?


This is the hank of Color Your Own sock yarn from KnitPicks that I split up and then dyed with Kool-Aid. I went for some interesting colors, and they all turned out a bit more pastelly than I would like, but hell, it's Kool-Aid, right? They'll turn into mittens for my nieces and nephews for Christmas shortly. I thought about casting on some today during lunch as a break from the sock. Happy Thursday! Woot!

M