Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Monday, November 07, 2005

Most fantastical weekend EVER!



So there were alot of shitty things about this weekend, I shall enumerate:

1. Wrist/Arm pain. Yes, I've been all but officially diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Bah! I bought a brace and I'm trying it out (switching between wrists) to see if it helps. If it does, I will but another and wear them at work and to sleep, so I can take them off in the evenings and knit fast (they slow me down).

2. The first snow. God I hate winter! Sure does make the mountains pretty though.

3. Bacterial Vaginosis pain and woes. I won't go into it, it's definitely TMI.

But then Sunday morning came.

I was just about to leave to go chat with some friends, like... hand-on-the-doorknob ready to leave, when the phone rang. I deliberated for a second on whether I should answer or not, and I decided, what the hell, my friends will probably be late anyway. So I went to the phone and it wasn't a number I recognized. So again I hesitated. But I answered it anyway because it's a Sunday morning, so why not give it a chance. And I'm so glad I did. Because it was Pam Allen. Yes, THAT Pam Allen!

Interweave Knits is going to publish Icarus! I got off the phone with Pam and started screaming. I woke C up, and he congratulated me and promptly fell back asleep. I was giddy all day! I just kept bursting into giggles. EEeeeehehehehehheheheh! I'm so excited!

M