Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Friday, November 11, 2005

In which the indecisive is forced to decide.

Gods. Why does it have to be like this?! *wails* Here's the backstory.



I am a Fantasy nut. And as you probably know if you read my 100 things list, I am a Robert Jordan and Wheel of Time nut especially. In fact, I'm a member of an online community in which I pretend I'm a member of a fictitious group from said fantasy novels. It's really certifiable, but here's the point. I posted on that group that I didn't have the money to buy the newest installment of the series, and could I please borrow someone else's copy since they've already read it (some of them twice). I got a response.... from a friend who just bought me a copy on amazon and had it shipped to me! He's a fabulous person and it's such a nice thing to do! I was really excited when it arrived. So now that I've managed to get through the 100 page prologue and first 4 chapters of Knife of Dreams (Book 11 in the series, in case you were wondering), I'm so hooked on it that I want to read every waking moment? Food? PSHAW! Who needs food? SLEEP? Nu-uh. I'd rather be reading! So this is where it becomes a problem.

Andrews socks are beginning to bother me. I know if I let them pine away while I read, I will NEVER want to finish them. And I need to finish them. I NEED to have another Christmas present done. The clock is ticking and time is running out. The Frenzy has truly begun, my friends. And no weekend will pass without some finished gift and/or some guilt about not having finished a gift.

I want to be READING! Not Knitting! Am I running a temperature? Am I going insane? Someone send chocolate!

M